Central archive search across all mailboxes
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
In certain circumstances you may want to search through all the mailboxes in the e-mail archive. You can do this by carrying out an "Administrative Search".
Here we show you how to do this.
Step by Step:
- IMPORTANT: A user for whom this function has been activated has access to all archived e-mails via the iQ.Suite Store search function. This option therefore should only be made available to dedicated users. Moreover we strongly recommend that, before use is made of the Administrative Search function, you clarify the legal and organizational framework in your organization.
- The "Administrative Search" function can be configured in the mailbox policies of iQ.Suite Store. To do this, activate the “Administrative Query” option in the “Client functions” area.
- Outlook 2007/2010 users who use the current iQ.Suite Store plug-in will find the "Adminis-trative Query" option included in the iQ.Suite Store search mask.
- If the "Administrative Query" function is activated and the user performs a search (e.g. by subject), the results list will include hits from the archived e-mails of all mailboxes.
- The additional “Mailbox” column indicates which mailbox the archived messages belong to.
- To restore an e-mail to the mailbox of the user carrying out the search, use the "Restore to sep. folder" option. Otherwise the e-mail will be restored to the original mailbox.
- If the search is to be limited to a specific mailbox, the mailbox name may be entered in the "Administrative Query" field. This name is based on the “Exchange Common Name”.