Archiving Outlook tasks
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
iQ.Suite Store archives emails as a standard function. But you can also archive other elements that are stored on the Exchange Server. We show you here how this works.
Step by Step:
- Each element that you place in Exchange information storage is stored with an unambiguous message class. The email class, for example, is IPM.Note. The message classes or forms that are defined in the iQ.Suite Store configuration determine which elements will be included during archiving.
- If, for example, you want to archive Outlook tasks with iQ.Suite Store, add IPM.Task to the list of forms. To do this, go to Configuration -> Forms in the iQ.Suite Store Administrator and click on “New Form Configuration” on the menu bar.
- Now enter the message class you require in the "Form" field, and in the “Display” field the name you want displayed during the search in the iQ.Suite Store plug-in for Outlook. If you use "Single Instance" archiving, mark the appropriate checkbox.
- Once you have saved the changes and the rule is activated, you can archive your Outlook tasks. You can now select the "Tasks" document type in the search by the iQ.Suite Store plug-in for Outlook.
- You are sure to have noticed that only the standard fields used for emails are available in "Tasks".
- Here it is possible to extend the index values and adjust the index database. You can then, for example, add a completion percentage for each task.