Auto-Whitelisting in iQ.Suite Wall
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
The mark of a successful anti-spam solution is a low incidence of "false positives". In iQ.Suite 7.1, an extra "Auto-Whitelisting" feature helps you achieve this. The following instructions show you how to set up auto-whitelisting.
Step by Step:
- Auto-whitelisting goes a step further than the previous user whitelisting function. This means that you first have to activate "Emails from User Whitelist entries" under the "No Spam" criteria.
- With the auto-whitelisting function, entries are now no longer added to the individual user whitelist manually via summary notifications, but instead, for example, all recipients of emails sent by a user are entered automatically.
- The iQ.Suite EMail Address Filtering Job is best suited for this task. Here you can select addresses to define which recipient addresses are to be added automatically to the user whitelists for certain users. In this example, we will assume that for all users all external recipients are to be entered in the user whitelists.
- You can use the conditions to make additional entries.
- To add the actual entry to the user whitelist, select "Add email sender/recipient to userlist Whitelist" under "Actions". By doing this, you are ensuring that sender/recipient always refers to an external email address.
- With the User Whitelist Report, users will now automatically receive notification of all external email recipients.
- And that is all it takes to set up the auto-whitelisting function.
- iQ.Suite 7.1 comes with other interesting new features, such as the integration of images in iQ.Suite Trailer, user blacklisting in iQ.Suite Wall and full Exchange 2007 support.