Backup-optimised data storage for iQ.Suite Store
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for IBM Domino
When using the file system provider, iQ.Suite Store saves data in dynamically created directories. These hold all the previously stored emails, unsorted. This means that to back up this file system completely, the whole directory pane must be archived, resulting in very long back up times if there is a large volume of data or a large number of files. With iQ.Suite Store 5 it is now possible to archive data structured by "year/month/day", for example. The following describes how this is done.
Step by step:
- The file system provider is controlled via a configuration file (cfgxx.ini) in which the path to the file archive is configured, amongst other things.
- The path to this configuration file is determined in the iQ.Suite Store database under the archive server.
- In order to obtain the structured file archive, it is necessary to extend the cfgxx.ini file in the [storage] section.
- The DirectoryFormat=YMD entry structures the file by year/month/day.
- The entry DirectoryFormat=YM structures the file by year and month. It is also possible to have an archive separated into years only with DirectoryFormat=Y.
- iQ.Suite Store again creates sub-directories below the named directories dynamically.
- This change does not affect previously archived data.
- IMPORTANT: When this function is used, the directory names become part of the archive ID. It is therefore essential that the "ID" field in the index table of the SQL database is at least 44 characters long.
- Example of an archive arranged by year/month/day:
- After changing the cfgxxx.ini file, restart iQ. Suite Store Services.
- With this structured archive, it will now be possible to back up the whole archive for 2010, for example, and to include only the 2011 directory in the ongoing backup process starting the following year.
- NOTE: This function is available from iQ.Suite Store 5.0 onwards.