Email export with iQ.Suite Bridge quarantine
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
iQ.Suite Bridge quarantine makes it possible to export emails to data
folders. This is an attractive option if you subsequently need to
process emails with external applications:
Step by Step:
- First create a new Bridge quarantine. Do this under "Basic Configuration" -> "Folder Settings" -> "Bridge".
- Now define how email data is to be exported on the "Options" tab. For example, the email message and/or file attachments can be kept separately.
- The "Whole mail in RFC822 format" function ensures that the full
email is stored. In addition, an XML file is written for each email
that is exported. It contains important meta information on the email
The "TNEF options" function converts emails from Exchange TNEF format into MIME emails prior to storage. However, the function requires an additional configuration on the iQ.Suite server object.
- Once the Bridge quarantine has been created, it can be selected for any iQ.Suite job under "Actions" -> "Copy to Quarantine".
- The exported data is then located at ".../GROUP Technologies/iQ.Suite/Grp/Data/Quarantine/<name of Bridge quarantine>". It can be further processed from this location.