iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
It is a decisive factor in legally compliant email archiving that email is stored in systems in a tamper-proof way. This can be guaranteed by continuous archiving:
Step by Step:
- In legally-compliant email archiving, email is first written to one or more journal mailboxes at SMTP transport level using realtime archiving.
- This email can be archived regularly (for example, every 10 minutes) to the storage system (in iQ.Suite Store 4.1 and later systems), instead of just once a day. This guarantees that cached email in the journal mailboxes is continuously archived.
- To do this, open the mailbox configuration in the iQ.Suite Store Administrator and activate "Enable separate schedule".
- Here you can define the time period and intervals for archiving. In this example, email is archived every day between 00:00 and 23:59 in 10-minute intervals.
- This function can also be used for multiple mailbox policies.
- Please note: This function is available in iQ.Suite Store 4.1 and later systems.