Email Analysis with iQ.Suite
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
Information about the quality and quantity of the recent email communication is helpful for the employment of email restrictions. The reporting and statistics functions of iQ.Suite facilitate the provision of figures, dates and facts.
Step by Step:
- In order to define the „right“ email restrictions, an analysis of the email communication should be conducted first. iQ.Suite Watchdog can be deployed to receive information such as the amount of multimedia files sent or received via email.
- For this, an iQ.Suite Watchdog Attachment Filtering Job is created and at first configured the same way a job that really blocks file attachments is configured.
- However, unlike for a data blocking job, no actions are activated in this case.
- If the iQ.Suite job then finds a restriction, a counter is created in the iQ.Suite statistics data base. The job should remain activated for quite some time.
- In order to view recent statistics for the corresponding iQ.Suite Job, the option “advanced statistic reports” in iQ.Suite reports can be accessed iQ.Suite Monitor -> Servers -> Servername->via iQ.Suite Montior.
- Now select the option ”Selected jobs only” and click on the desired job. It is also possible to select multiple jobs.
- Now, the time period and the time scale can be defined. Afterwards, start the evaluation using ”Show”.
- As a result, you will receive a graphic evaluation. There are also other representation types, such as charts.
- This information can help with the determination, if and how email contents are to be blocked. Of course, iQ.Suite Wall can also be used to conduct the analysis.