Exporting information from basic configuration to XML file
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
The iQ.Suite configuration is saved in the form of an XML file. Parts of the basic configuration can be exported and imported. This is useful for e.g. exchanging file fingerprints between servers.
Step by Step:
- The iQ.Suite provides the option of importing elements from the iQ.Suite basic configuration as standard. This function is located in the context menu of "Basic Configuration" -> "All Tasks"
- An entry is needed in the Windows registry to activate the export function.
- Note: Before making any changes in the registry, please produce a backup copy of the current Windows registry
The addition should be made in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GROUP Technologies\iQ.Suite\2.0\General or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GROUP Technolo-gies\iQ.Suite\2.0\General (for 64-bit systems).
- Create the DWORD "Export" here with the value "1".
- Now restart the iQ.Suite management console.
- The "Export configuration…" function now appears in the context menu of "Basic Configuration" -> "All Tasks"
- Parts of the basic configuration can now be exported into XML files.