Automatically removing extra lines from iQ.Suite Trailer sender signatures
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
When using iQ.Suite Trailer to automatically add Active Directory information, fields left empty for some users, e.g. mobile phone numbers, result in superfluous lines. We will now show you how to prevent these lines.
Step by Step:
- In the Active Directory the same fields are not alwayscompleted for all users.
One example isthe "Mobile" field for mobile phonenumbers.
- If the "Mobile"field is used in the iQ.Suite Trailer document,
- and a sender's "Mobile"field is empty, the result is as follows:
- The "mobile:" line contains no usefulinformation. To hide this line whenever the Active Directory field is empty youcan use the variables "[COND]" and "[/COND]" in the iQ.Suite Trailer document.
- Structure: [COND] Field name; information that is only shown when needed [/COND]
- The information that is to be shown or hidden isenclosed within [COND] and [/COND]. If the content of the specified field nameis blank, the information/text in-between is not displayed.
- In order to ensure that the entire line is not displayed, it is important that the linefeed also be included in the [COND] [/COND] frame. For this reason the function is divided across two lines.
- The result if the [COND] variable is used:
The "mobile:" line is automatically removed.