Fast access to quarantine
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
A maximum of 10,000 elements are displayed by default when iQ.Suite quarantines are opened. Users can then raise or lower this figure, depending on their specific needs. If the figure is reduced, the quarantine will open that much faster.
Step by step:
- To change the maximum number of elements that are displayed, you must make a change in the Registry.
- N.B.: We do not accept any responsibility or provide support for problems caused by manipulation to the Windows Registry. You use the Windows Registry Editor or similar tools to manipulate the Windows Registry completely at your own risk.
- First go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/GROUP Technologies/iQ.Suite/2.0/General.
- Now add the DWORD value MaxQuarantineItems to the Registry. Enter the desired maximum number of elements as a decimal figure.
- This value refers to all quarantines that are managed by a Microsoft management console.
- A lower value results in faster access to the contents of quarantines.
- If the emails that are displayed do not contain the desired quarantine entries, the quarantine filter function can be used to restrict the results of your search.
- You will be given this and many other tips and tricks for optimal use of iQ.Suite at our "Optimize your iQ.Suite" workshop.