Verifying formula rules
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for IBM Domino
How to test the functionality of a formula rule you will see at the example rule "BigOrManyRecipients":
Check not only the syntax but also the functionality of formula rules in the following way:
- Place a mail that you want to check with the rule in your mail file (or in a test mail database) and create an agent.
- Give the agent a meaningful name and set the runtime features as follows:
- Select formula as the type and copy the formula from the "iQ.Suite Formula Rule" to the agent's formula window.
- Then insert the following lines:
- The actual query (larger/smaller than, equal/unequal to) must be inserted in the output (@prompt).
- Once the formula and the agent are saved, you can mark the mail you want to check in the Notes client and test the rule via Actions – Agent Name.
- In the case of 1 (true) the rule would be applied to this mail, whereas with 0 (false) the mail would not be selected for processing.