Recovering archived emails
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
The global form in the global forms library can be used to restore archived emails. From Outlook 2003 SP2 there may be difficulties using the form. This article shows where the pitfalls lie.
Step by Step:
- One of the changes that using the global form in iQ.Suite Store makes is to write KAIForm-Server.exe to the user’s local forms directory
- Service Pack 2 for Outlook 2003 standardly obstructs copying the iQ.Suite form to the local forms cache
- Even if this initially goes unnoticed, you will feel the impact when you install a new version of the iQ.Suite Store form in the global forms library. Then, namely, Outlook will attempt to update the local forms cache the next time the form is called
- To ensure this succeeds, you will need to add an entry in the Registry
- Create the key “EnableMapiForms” as DWORD under HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice11.0OutlookForms
Enter the value "1"
- Now restart Outlook. You can now continue to use the form on Outlook 2003 with Service Pack 2 or higher.