Using hidden Active Directory objects
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
Users and groups can be hidden in the Active Directory using the “Hide from Exchange address lists” option. These objects are hidden by default in the iQ.Suite management console. Here, we will show you, how you are still be able to access them in iQ.Suite.
Step by Step:
- Users and groups that are marked as hidden using the “Active Directory Users and Computers“-snap-in, are hidden by default in the iQ.Suite management console.
- In order to be able to select these objects in the iQ.Suite management console, it is possible to add a corresponding Windows Registry Key
- Tip: Before applying changes in the Registry, please create a back-up of the current Win-dows Registry
- Implement the addition in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GROUP Technolo-gies\iQ.Suite\2.0\General (for 64-Bit Systems)
- Enter the DWORD „ShowHiddenMembers“, entering „1“ as the value.
- Now use double clicks to start up iQ.Suite console and an iQ.Suite job
- The “hidden” objects can now be selected from the address list.