Faster working with a large number of Active Directory objects
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
When an iQ.Suite job is first opened after starting the iQ.Suite management console, the program loads all information about users, groups, contacts, etc. from the Active Directory (AD). In environments with a large number of objects in the AD, this can take a very long time. Here we show you how you can speed up this process.
Step by Step:
- The process of loading all user information from the Active Directory takes up the most time-consuming element when starting the first iQ.Suite job. If the users are not needed for definition of the iQ.Suite address rules (because AD groups are being used for example), use of this information can be deactivated.
- This is done using a special value in the Windows Registry.
- Note: Before making any changes in the registry, please produce a backup copy of the current Windows registry
The addition should be made in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GROUP Technologies\iQ.Suite\2.0\General or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GROUP Technolo-gies\iQ.Suite\2.0\General (for 64-bit systems).
- Enter the DWORD "ShowUsers" with the value "0".
Now start the iQ.Suite console and double-click on a iQ.Suite job.
This will now open much faster.
- Unlike the case when processing without the ShowUsers entry, the "Users" point no longer appears in the address selection.