User Portal lightens Workload of Administrator
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for IBM Domino
You know the situation: just as your concentration is focussed on a
particular task, the telephone rings again. Someone would like an e-mail
released from quarantine, or maybe it’s someone asking for an addition
to the whitelist. Now with the iQ.Suite User Portal, you can offer
e-mail users the opportunity to manage their own user-specific settings,
thus cutting down on the administrative tasks you have to perform.
With iQ.Suite Version 11, setting it all up is incredibly simple and user-friendly. Through an agent, a filed rights and roles concept is available to you which you can apply to the relevant databases on an individual or group basis.
The user-specific settings which the user is able to view and sometimes change include absence management, access to the quarantine, blacklist and whitelist set-up and the creation of personal trailer templates.
To enable the internal group "Hobbits" have access to the standard quarantine, proceed as follows:
- Define the actions the user is permitted to perform. In this case, the following two actions:
- Resend quarantined documents to oneself (role [Deliver]),
- Add sender of a quarantined document to own whitelist (role [ToMyWL]),
- Under Global - Datenbankdefinitionen [Global - Database definitions], select the quarantine you would like to release, in our case the standard quarantine g_arch.nsf.
- Open the ACL Manager via "Zugriffsverwaltung" [Access management].
- Press the button "per Adressbuchauswahl" [by selecting from address book] to select the desired users/groups from the address book, in our case the group "Hobbits". This is then automatically entered in the Database definitions reader field.
- Configure the required settings as follows:
- "Zugriff" [Access]: Editor (without further changes under "Befugnisse" [Authorisations]),
- "Benutzertyp" [User type]: Personengruppe [Group of people],
- "Verwendung durch Userportal" [Use through User Portal] – tick "Userportal Zugriff" [User Portal access],
- "Rollen" [Roles]: [Deliver] and [ToMyWL].
- Confirm the settings with "OK".
- To ensure that documents (quarantined emails) are displayed in this quarantine, the option "Benutzerspezifischer Quarantänezugriff" [User-specific quarantine access] must be selected in the ’Advanced’ tab in the relevant jobs. For example:
By going to Global - Benutzerspezifischer Quarantänezugriff [Global - User-specific quarantine access], you will see an overview of the jobs for which this option has already been configured. You can also select the job to be configured from this location and open it - you will be brought to exactly the right place:
You should only enable this option for anti-spam jobs – virus documents should be neither seen nor edited by users!
All emails that are copied as of this point on, from this job to the standard quarantine, can now be processed by members of the group “Hobbits” with the above-mentioned rights and options.
By attending our training programmes, you can learn more about the User Portal, how to work with quarantines, blacklists and whitelists, and how to configure absence and trailer documents. You can also learn useful planning and set-up tips to help you get the most out of the User Portal for your company.
We look forward to seeing you there!