Optimizing the Quarantine Cleaning Process
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
When deleting emails from the iQ.Suite quarantines, the associated
records remain in the corresponding quarantine index database.
The following explains how to optimize the database purging process.
Step by Step:
- The iQ.Suite quarantines consist of directories and supporting index databases.
- When emails are deleted from the iQ.Suite administration interface, the email files are physically deleted. But the associated records in the index database remain there and are marked deleted. They are permanently deleted when the quarantine is purged.
- Purging the index databases is done either manually or automatically on a scheduled basis. The latter can be configured in the iQ.Suite administration console under "Basic Configuration -> General Settings -> iQ.Suite Servers". there you start by selecting the desired server.
- Then select the "Quarantine Maintenance" tab to define the time at which the index databases are to be purged. We recommend to set a daily interval.
- Purging can also be started manually. To do so, in iQ.Suite Monitor under the appropriate server name, select -> Quarantine Areas and right-click the desired quarantine. From the context menu select "All Tasks" and then "Compress Quarantine". This will start the purging process.
- To check the status of the purging process, the quarantine overview provides appropriate information, including the number of records deleted.