How to view emails with the details added by iQ.Suite Trailer
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
The job of iQ.Suite Trailer is to integrate centralized information stored on a mail server, such as a legal disclaimer and the like, in outbound emails. This server-based processing means, of course, that emails in an Outlook user's Sent Items folder will not normally contain the centrally added details. Here you will find out how users can nevertheless view outbound emails after they have gone through the Trailer processes.
Step by Step:
- A method of sending a "receipt mail" to the user directly after processing by iQ.Suite is to use the "Forward email" action.
- To do this, open the Actions tab and click on Add.
- Then select "Redirect mail" as the action.
- After that, select the "Also send to original sender" and "Also send to original recipient" options.
- This causes the email to be sent both to the recipient and to the sender when it has been processed in Trailer.
- It is advisable to insert an X-header value in emails or to extend their subject line in order to prevent clutter in the user's inbox. Then Outlook rules can be used to move these emails to a subfolder such as Trailer Logs.