Proactive request of summary notifications by users
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
The use of automatic, time-controlled summary notifications is a standard function of iQ.Suite quarantines. Additionally, there is the possibility for all users to proactively request summary notifications, independent of pre-set intervals. We will show you how the so-called “Follow-Up Summary” works.
Step by Step:
- The iQ.Suite quarantines have been equipped with the time-controlled feature of informing users about new entries in a quarantine for quite some time. These summary notifications are sent at fixed points in time. Now, if the user would like to find out the current status of the quarantine, the “Follow-Up Summary” can be used.
- The “Follow-Up Summary“ is set up by going to Basic Configuration -> Folder Settings -> Quarantine.
- Use the “Summary Reports” tab and open the respective „Summary Report” within the desired quarantine.
- For the next step, click the “Properties” button of the active template (“Quarantine Summary Report” in our example) and go to “Notification Text”.
- Mark the area, into which a “Follow Up Summary” is to be inserted.
- Now select “Summary” using the Variable Selection “[V]“ in the menu bar. Then, select “Request Follow-Up Summary by web”.
- Lastly, another text describing the function can be added. If the user receives a Summary Report based on this template, he/she will be able to request a “Follow-Up Summary” using the newly added command. The “Follow-Up Summary” contains all entries for this user since the last time-controlled report was sent.