Testing for pattern updates
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
The update test is a way to establish whether pattern updates have been carried out correctly by the virus scanner and anti-spam engines in iQ.Suite. How? Read on to find out:
Step by Step:
- Open the iQ.Suite MMC console and click on iQ.Suite Monitor -> Servers. This takes you to the configured iQ.Suite servers.
- Right-click on the server name you want and select "Properties". Alternatively you can also select "Server Status" in the right-hand window.
- Now switch to the "Test" tab. Various tests are offered in the drop-down menu: select "Scan Engines/Antispam Update“ and click on "Start“.
- This test carries out updates for the activated anti-virus and anti-spam engines. Prerequisite is that the automatic update option of the respective engine is activated.
- After the test has been run, the results are displayed. If it has not been possible to carry out an update successfully, you will see an error log. With this log, further analyses are possible.