iQ.Suite Trailer Autopositioning
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
In email replies and forwarded messages, compulsory information and sender signatures should be added at the end of each new section of email text. The following describes how this is done without placeholders.
Step by Step:
- In the past, iQ.Suite Trailer has been able to add information in three places.
- At the beginning of the email
- At the end of the whole email
- Where the user, for example, has put a placeholder.
- There is now a new option with iQ.Suite 8. Automatic detection of the correct position with "patterns".
- The patterns help iQ.Suite to find the right position for information at the end of the just completed email automatically. This is particularly helpful with replies and forwarded messages.
- The patterns are held in a list. This list contains the text lines which mark the end of the email that is being replied to for Outlook or Outlook Web Access. The different Outlook language versions are also taken into account.
- The list can be found under Basic Configuration -> Utility Settings -> Trailer Settings -> Trailer Patterns and can be extended if necessary.
- The Autopositioning function is configured in the relevant iQ.Suite Trailer job. To do this, activate the item "Automatically detect position regarding Trailer patterns". If an Outlook pattern is not found, the trailer information is added to the end of the whole email.
- Placeholder recognition can be combined with the Autopositioning function.