Using iQ.Suite Trailer to integrate images as logos into emails
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
Until now, iQ.Suite Trailer allowed to include images as web link or as table (refer to tip 11/2008). With the current iQ.Suite version, it is now possible to integrate image files as embedded elements into emails, e.g. in GIF or JPG format.
Step by Step:
- First, any images to be used by iQ.Suite Trailer need to be imported into the current iQ.Suite configuration, i.e. these images are included in the "configdata.xml" configuration file.
- For the import, the basic configuration provides the "All Trailer Images" option under "Utility Settings ->Trailer Settings". Here it is also possible to create your custom "Trailer Image Categories".
- To insert a new image, right-click on "All Trailer Images" and select "New -> Trailer Image".
- A dialog appears in which you can enter the name for the new image.
- Click "Browse" and select the desired image file. The image will now be imported.
- The "Information" tab provides additional data on the imported image (e.g. resolution and size).
- The imported image is now available for selection in the Trailer document.
- To display the selected image in the Trailer document, do the following:
- Click "Preview" for a preview of what the inserted Trailer document will look like in an email.
- The image is now an integral part of the Trailer document.