Do not append trailer if text has already been inserted
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
iQ.Suite Trailer is used as standard to append mandatory data to outbound emails. In an email thread (answer to answer, etc.) users sometimes want the trailer text to be inserted once only. The procedure to follow is described in this document.
Step by step:
- The first step is to check whether the email already contains the trailer text. This is handled by an iQ.Suite Wall Content Filtering Job. It makes use of unique trailer information to detect whether the text already exists. If inserting information is mandatory, it is advisable to use data from the commercial register in conjunction with the name of the district court.
- A separate word list is created for the check. The search terms are entered in this list.
- The next step is to create a new content filter. The word list you have generated is selected there and the search in the email message text activated.
- Now it is necessary to define the action that will be triggered if the appropriate text is found. We recommend writing an X-Header value. Analysis is then complete.
- To ensure that iQ.Suite Trailer Jobs no longer append text to emails already containing it, the iQ.Suite Trailer Jobs must be extended.
- Select the function "with the following headers and values" on the "Conditions" tab. There we define that emails already containing the header X-Trailer with the value YES will not be edited.
This achieves the desired effect.
The combination of Analysis Job, Header Information and iQ.Suite Job, which reads out the header information, can of course also be used in other scenarios.