Newsletter September 2010
- New iQ.Suite Versions: iQ.Suite 13.0 for LND and iQ.Suite 9.0 for MSX/SMTP Now Available
- iQ.Suite Now Also Supports zLinux Servers
- ITBN Hungary Under the Sign of Confidential Email Communication
- Webinar Special: iQ.Suite KeyManager - Comprehensive Certificate and Key Management
- GROUP Talk webcasts
- Your Direct Link to all IBM Licensing Issues
- Your opinion is important: GROUP Product Management Survey
- Upcoming GROUP Training in September and October
- iQ.Suite Tips and Tricks for Lotus Domino: Changing Product Headers in Absence Notifications
- Exchange/SMTP Corner: Optimizing the Quarantine Cleaning Process
- Avira SAVAPI 2 for iQ.Suite Watchdog Discontinued
1. New iQ.Suite Versions: iQ.Suite 13.0 for LND and iQ.Suite 9.0 for MSX/SMTP Now Available
Providing significant improvements and new features, the two new
releases of our iQ.Suite email management solution have been released
end of August.
Selected features of iQ.Suite 13.0 under Lotus Notes Domino in a nutshell:
- Flexible handling of the maximum number of threads
- Control over the signing process of Domino and templates during the installation
- Notification templates can be enabled or disabled
- Control of the email signature in iQ.Suite Trailer to avoid empty entries
- Improved handling of sender notifications in iQ.Suite Clerk
- and many more
iQ.Suite Version 9 for Microsoft Exchange/ SMTP also offers plenty of new features:
- Optimized planning of recurrent scan jobs in iQ.Suite Watchdog
- Improved handling of email headers through rules
- Support for regular expressions in iQ.Suite Wall
- Controlled handling of large active directories in iQ.Suite Console
- and many more
As usual, you will find the new releases in the download area.
2. iQ.Suite Now Also Supports zLinux Servers
GROUP lays the foundation for comprehensive email management across all
major platforms: As of now, we also support zLinux servers through
iQ.Suite Hook - a small but powerful component - runs on zLinux and stops emails to have them analyzed by iQ.Suite. Once analyzed, the emails are reintegrated into the normal routing process of the zLinux system. Besides providing support for zLinux platforms, iQ.Suite Clustering also allows scaling in environments with a high email throughput.
Thus, the entire range of security, archiving and productivity features offered by iQ.Suite is now also available for zLinux.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact our sales team under: email@example.com
3. ITBN Hungary Under the Sign of Confidential Email Communication
The ITBN conference (National Day of Information Security of Hungary)
will open its doors on 28 September 2010. The largest IT security
conference in Hungary will feature presentations and supporting lectures
on current topics in the fields of data security, confidentiality and
safeguarding IT infrastructures.
Together with its Hungarian partner Nollex, GROUP Business Software will present the latest developments in the field of secure email communication, with a special focus on GROUP's iQ.Suite WebCrypt software, an email encryption solution for confidential B2C communication that allows exchanging sensitive data without any keys or certificates. This innovative solution is already being used with great success by a number of customers on the Hungarian market. In addition, the conference will be the first opportunity for the email experts to present one of their latest developments, iQ.Suite KeyManager. This innovative solution for the management of certificates and keys is designed for complex infrastructures in B2B environments.
Come and visit GROUP Business Software and Nollex in the Cinema City Aréna. Use the opportunity to see live demonstrations of our solutions and to exchange information with our specialists. We look forward to meeting you!
For further information visit www.itbn.hu
4. Webinar Special: iQ.Suite KeyManager - Comprehensive Certificate and Key Management
As announced in our previous newsletter, our new solution
for certificate and key management - iQ.Suite KeyManager 1.0 - is now
entering the pilot phase and expected to be available by the end of
Find out more about the new ease of use when it comes to managing certificates and keys and attend our special webinar. On 22 October, Marko Perlwitz, Product Manager at GROUP, will provide a live demonstration of iQ.Suite KeyManager to present the new automated options for certificate and key management.
During the webinar, you can use the live chat to ask specific questions. All you need to participate is a PC or laptop with loudspeakers to follow the supporting audio material via Voice-over-IP (VoIP).
Register for our free Webinar Special now:
For further details on iQ.Suite KeyManager please refer to the following brochure.
5. GROUP Talk webcasts
GROUP has launched a series of one hour webinars called GROUP Talk. Each
month we "talk" about a known business problem and how GROUP can help
you resolve it.
These sessions are recorded and posted on our website for replay at your convenience. Go to our website at www.gbs.com and click on "RESOURCES" and choose "Webinar Recasts" to see the list of recorded sessions.
Each month we add another topic, so stay tuned for more. To join a live webcast, simply go to the section "news & events" on our website to see a list of upcoming sessions. If you have a topic you'd like us to cover, simply email us your suggestions and we'll do our best to get it on the schedule.
6. Your Direct Link to all IBM Licensing Issues
In complex infrastructures, managing IBM licenses can quickly become a
very challenging task, as different software versions, renewal periods
and pricing models make handling difficult. As IBM Premier Business
Partner, we have acquired extensive know-how in license management.
Moreover, we are certified in all five product groups:
- IBM Lotus
- IBM Tivoli
- IBM Rational
- IBM WebSphere
- IBM Information Management
In this context, it does not matter whether you wish to buy your
licenses as Passport or lease them as cloud-based solution. Simply
contact us and we will advise you free of charge! Learn more about the
licensing model best suited for your purposes, determine whether you are
over-licensed or under-licensed and find out which product renewal
dates are approaching. Mrs. Heidi Otto will be happy to answer your
questions by phone +49 (0)69 / 789881952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put us to a test and save time and money. We are looking forward to your inquiries!
7. Your opinion is important: GROUP Product Management Survey
GROUP's product management team is currently conducting research related
to our cloud technology for Lotus Domino. We would greatly appreciate
your insights, if you could take the time to complete this short survey.
Our goal is to ensure that we continue to develop the products that are
aligned with the needs of the market, and understanding your strategy,
goals and challenges is a crucial part of shaping our products.
We know your time is valuable, so as a thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, every respondent will be entered in a drawing to win an Apple iPad.
(Employees of GROUP and its partner companies are excluded from the draw)
8. Upcoming GROUP Training in September and October
In economically turbulent times, the success of your company more
than ever depends on the skills and qualifications of your employees. To
keep up a high level of competence and maintain a competitive edge,
regular training is indispensable. Select from a wide range of trainings
and workshops for both Lotus Notes Domino and Microsoft Exchange,
whichever is your favorite.
In our next Webinar Special on "Email Encryption for Everyone", find out how easy a secure communication with end customers and business partners can be - without any certificates or keys and no installation required on the recipient side.
Here are a few dates to think about:
Lotus Notes Domino training for customers and partners:
- Quick Start into iQ.Suite Exchange/SMTP
- Encryption - S/MIME, PGP, iQ.Suite WebCrypt
- Email Archiving Using iQ.Suite Store/ iQ.Suite Bridge
Microsoft Exchange/ SMTP training for customers and partners:
- iQ.Suite Store for Experts - Troubleshooting
- iQ.Suite Store for Experts - Advanced Configuration
- iQ.Suite Basics / iQ.Suite Watchdog
- iQ.Suite Wall / iQ.Suite Trailer
- iQ.Suite Crypt / iQ.Suite WebCrypt
Platform-independent Webinar Special:
- Webinar Special - Email Encryption for Everyone - 22 Oct 2010
To sign up for any of the workshops and webinars please visit our training page. Click here for details on training dates and contents.
We look forward to your participation!
9. iQ.Suite Tips and Tricks for Lotus Domino: Changing Product Headers in Absence Notifications
As described in our July newsletter, the header of iQ.Suite notification
mails contains additional information about the product, the executing
module and the Domino server. A few parameters allow customizing the
layout, the content as well as the information displayed.
With iQ.Suite Version 13 for Lotus Notes Domino, it is now possible to configure the header of the absence notification. Click here to read which parameters are available to customize the product header of your absence notifications to your specific requirements.
10. Exchange/SMTP Corner: Optimizing the Quarantine Cleaning Process
The iQ.Suite quarantine is the central point for unwanted content. Using
a configurable quarantine level, potential virus or spam mails can be
filtered and moved to such a quarantine folder.
However, after these emails have been deleted, the corresponding records remain in the index database until the quarantine is purged. This is done either manually or automatically on a scheduled basis. The following describes how to optimize this process.
11. Avira SAVAPI 2 for iQ.Suite Watchdog Discontinued
Every solution designed to reliably protect your infrastructure must be
able to protect you against the most recent threats and should be
up-to-date. Therefore, we like to inform you that Avira SAVAPI 2 for iQ.Suite Watchdog
will be discontinued by 31 December 2010. As a result, no technical
support will be available after this date, meaning the identification
and removal of viruses and other threats can no longer be guaranteed. As
a follow-up solution, you can use Avira SAVAPI 3 for iQ.Suite Watchdog.
This affects all iQ.Suite for Lotus Notes Domino releases prior to
version 12.2.0 as well as iQ.Suite for Microsoft Exchange/SMTP releases
prior to version 8.0.
To fully benefit from the Avira antivirus protection features, we recommend updating to the latest iQ.Suite version. Using the Avira SAVAPI 3 engine, which is supported by the latest iQ.Suite versions, not only provides reliable protection against current and future virus attacks and other dangerous content, it also offers improved recognition accuracy, higher performance and faster updates.
Do you need help updating iQ.Suite? No problem - we have extended our "iQ.Suite Easy Update" offer until the end of November. If you order before then, you can benefit from very favorable conditions. For further details please read the PDF file.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us under +49 (0) 721/4901-0 or send an email to email@example.com.
For further information on the topics of this newsletter, please contact GBS at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local sales partner.