Newsletter May 2011
- GBS Featuring Cloud Computing at UKLUG
- GBS appoints Kerstin Wahl as the new Head of Application Europe
- PAVONE is now part of the GBS group
- New release of the GBS Cloud platform GROUP Live is now available
- Discover the future of your Domino applications: Webinar Specials GBS Transformer and GROUP Live
- News from the iQ.Suite iQ.Suite 9.2 for MSX/SMTP- now available
- Email search and organisation – now even simpler with FewClix
- iQ.Suite Tips and Tricks for Lotus Domino: Automatic extension of the list of recipients
- Exchange/SMZP Corner: Adjusting the standard settings of Windows SMTP servers
1. GBS Featuring Cloud Computing at UKLUG
On 23 and
24 May 2011, the largest user group of the UK IBM Lotus Community will meet in
Manchester. To be hosted at the Museum of Science and Industry, the UKLUG
bring together the best speakers and the latest strategic developments in the
Lotus world. As a leading supplier of IBM Lotus-based solutions and services and a Gold
Sponsor of the event, GBS will present the solution and expertise of "Taking Lotus to the Cloud".
A special highlight will be the new GBS Transformer – the revolutionary solution designed to modernise existing Lotus Domino applications into cloud and web-enabled XPages applications. Comparing to other methods, the GBS Transformer offers enormous saving potential. Experts from GBS will demonstrate this in a live session of the automated application conversion. It is titled: "Taking Lotus to the Cloud - Automated Transformation and Flexible Operation of Domino Applications". A further focus will be on the delivery and operation of Domino applications on the proprietary GBS cloud platform GROUP Live.
At the GBS stand, UKLUG visitors will also have an opportunity to exchange views with GBS Lotus experts on recent developments in the fields of compliance, CRM and messaging. We look forward to meeting you!
For further information please visit: www.uklug.info
2. GBS appoints Kerstin Wahl as the new Head of Application Europe
Since 1 April, Kerstin Wahl has been in charge of the business unit ‘Application Europe’ of GROUP Business Software AG (GBS) Karlsruhe. Thus, the Mannheim native is going to succeed Stefan Strobel, who is leaving the company to take on new challenges.
For more than 20 years, Kerstin Wahl has been managing service and sales organisations in various companies in the financial services and telecommunications sectors. There, she mainly focused on the creation of growth markets and tapping into new customer segments. Her strong orientation towards sales will also be reflected in her new position as the Head of Applications Europe at GBS.
For Kerstin Wahl, the deciding factor for joining GBS is the company’s innovative strength, as well as its global success. “I am happy and proud to now be a part of this global, involved team and to contribute to the further successful development and merging of the business units at GBS”, she says.
Kerstin Wahl will mainly focus on the expansion of the business area ‘messaging’, the key points being email management and instant messaging, the development of the business unit banking processes and the support of the new business field Lotus Domino modernisation.
3. PAVONE is now part of the GBS group
Great news: PAVONE is now part of the GBS Group. The extensive expertise of PAVONE, in combination with an experienced service team, provides the perfect extension of GBS’ market presence. For all current customers this means: The PAVONE team will remain available to you as a competent partner and drive the development and support of the products. As GBS’ newest member, customers will also benefit from the joint synergy.
PAVONE provides GBS with excellent workflow technology that represents an extension of the existing GBS Lotus offering range. Additionally, PAVONE has a powerful workflow engine that can be applied as a Cloud-based solution outside of the Lotus market. Thus, it is perfectly suited for GBS’ Cloud technologies portfolio. PAVONE operates branch offices in Germany and the UK and has more than 2,500 customers, with over 150,000 users worldwide. The customers include the Deutsche Bundesbank, BMW, Linde AG, Philips, British Sugar and Mahle Industries.
4. New release of the GBS Cloud platform GROUP Live is now available
Today, a great number of companies already benefits from the advantages of Cloud Computing and trusts in the multiple-award-winning Cloud platform GROUP Live for the provision of applications. We have recently added a multitude of new functions to our solution, which we would like to present to you now:
- Routes/rules between networks as a part of solution
- Access to solution networks by default on installation
- History of actions and tasks made by users
- Approval on networks and machines
- Directory services with fully reflected directory structure and custom access
- Certificate services (internal) and custom certificate management
- Publishing of custom ports (TCP/UDP)
- Public IP address assignment and management
- Advanced container backup & restore
- Enhancements of external facing web services
- Generic Scheduler
- VMWare support
These functions are now available to all users of the public cloud. We hope you enjoy them!
5. Discover the future of your Domino applications: Webinar Specials GBS Transformer and GROUP Live
How do Lotus Domino applications become web and cloud-enabled? Is it possible to quickly and easily provide a large number of existing Domino applications with a unified appearance with modern usability? And how can I modernize my Domino infrastructure without having to go through hurdles of elaborate migrations?
We are happy to answer these and many more questions in our upcoming Webinar Specials. We will show you how you can benefit from improved efficiency and agility in the use of your solutions: In the first Webinar Special on GBS Transformer you will learn all about the automated modernization of Domino applications into state-of-the-art Web 2.0 applications. Once transformed, these applications can be run in the Notes client, from the web browser or in the cloud.
The second Webinar Special will be dedicated to our multiple-award winning Cloud platform GROUP Live, which makes the delivery, operation and management of applications in the cloud seem like child’s play. Therefore, virtually any application can be provided to end users in a fully automated way – without any manual intervention, in a fraction of the time needed with traditional methods. And all this comes with a flexible, monthly pricing model.
Roeder, Head of Consulting at GBS, will be your host for our Webinar Specials
and answer any question you may have about these innovative solutions and
During the Webinars, you can use the online chat room to ask your specific questions. All you need to attend is a PC or laptop with loudspeakers to listen to the supporting audio stream.
- Special Webinar GBS Transformer: Friday, 27 May 2011, 11.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. (CET)
- Special Webinar GROUP Live: Friday, 27 May 2011, 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m. (CET)
6. News from the iQ.Suite iQ.Suite 9.2 for MSX/SMTP- now available
We are pleased to present to you the iQ.Suite 9.2 for Microsoft Exchange/SMTP, a new release of the leading email management solution. As mentioned in the last newsletter, the new release is certified for Windows Server 2008 R2. Additional highlights:
Selected features and improvements:
- iQ.Suite Convert
Central ZIP compression and PDF conversion of email attachments
- iQ.Suite WebCrypt
Storage of local email attachments, as well as the email body
Watchdog / iQ.Suite Crypt
Statistical evaluation in respect to the number/amount of encrypted emails and attachment sizes.
The new version is now available in our Download area.
7. Email search and organisation – now even simpler with FewClix
Against the backdrop of a global reseller contract, GBS added the FewClix solution by Synaptris to its solution portfolio. This will provide you with an improved productivity of your email processes! FewClix makes the search and organisation of emails seem like a fun game.
As a Lotus Notes add-on, it can be seamlessly integrated into your work environment and facilitates your day-to-day handling of emails.
- Email search according to a variety of parameters, e.g. key words, recipient/sender, attachments etc.
- Organisation and grouping of emails, e.g. according to attachment type, time period, size etc.
- Further functions for the consolidation, search and display of emails
Did we peak your curiosity? Then find out more about FewClix by using the following PDF, at www.fewclix.com or visit us at DNUG – in cooperation with Synaptris, we will showcase new possibilities of email handling.
We are available to you for all questions regarding sales at email@example.com.
8. iQ.Suite Tips and Tricks for LotusDomino: Automatic extension of the list of recipients
You will receive support requests that are not addressed to the hotline, but an individual – which is why additional recipients would have to be added to the original list of recipients.
Go to Tips & Tricks to read which rule can be used for the detection of a support request and which Action Job can be used to add the recipient.
9. Exchange/SMZP Corner: Adjusting the standard settings of Windows SMTP servers
iQ.Suite SMTP is based on the Windows SMTP service. During the planning phase of the implementation of incoming emails you may decide, whether a simple or extended scenario is to be used and then alter the standard values if necessary.
Find out how to extend your standard settings and factors such as email size in the SMTP service here.
For further information on the topics of this newsletter, please contact GBS at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local sales partner.