Newsletter June 2011
- Test iQ.Suite Convert and convert email attachments into PDF documents
- iQ.Suite news available in June – iQ.Suite Store 6.0 and iQ.SuiteWebCrypt 3.1
- Webinar: Launch of Transformer 2.0 taking your apps to the future
- PAVONE: New project and activities management solutions
- The new PAVONE website
- GBS Fastworks Encourages Compliance Inclusion, Delegation, and Accountability
- iQ.Suite Tips and Tricks for Lotus Domino: Integration of watermarks into PDF documents
- Exchange/SMTP Corner Restarting archiving processes automatically
1. Test iQ.Suite Convert and convert email attachments into PDF documents
The new addition to our iQ.Suite family, iQ.Suite Convert, boasts functions that speak for themselves.
- Server-based conversion of email attachments
- Completely automated processes
- No user interaction necessary
- Flexible and rule-based management, e.g. the use of Fingerprints
- Conversion into PDF or PDF/A format and the optional integration of watermarks.
- Central ZIP compression of email attachments
In order to provide you with a quick overview on the characteristics of conversion, we set up a test system for you:
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a randomly selected Office document. Our solution will implement an automated conversion of the attachment at a central point and your document will be immediately returned to your email address as a PDF (zipped, if necessary).
Test iQ.Suite Convert and see its advantages! For further queries, send an email to : email@example.com or contact your sales partner.
Click here for additional information on iQ.Suite Convert.
2. iQ.Suite news available in June – iQ.Suite Store 6.0 and iQ.SuiteWebCrypt 3.1
With iQ.Suite Store 6.0 for Lotus Notes
Domino and Microsoft Exchange/SMTP, a new , powerful version of our email
archiving solution will soon be available.
The most important product modifications of this version:
- Retrieval of all emails from the archive into the user’s inbox (BulkRetrieval Lotus Notes Domino)
- Supports IBM FileNet P8
- Full-text search
- Re-indexing of inventory data
- Provider SDK enables the partner to connect to various archives
- Customer support for user inboxes
- Supports Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2010
iQ.Suite Store 6.0 will be available starting end of June. Did we pique your curiosity? Then contact your responsible sales partner, or get in touch with us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With iQ.SuiteWebCrypt 3.1 for Lotus Notes Domino, you will also receive a release upgrade of our email encryption solution with even more functions.
- Password generation for PDF documents
- Additional encryption algorithms (AES)
- Response emails: modification of the subject
As usual, the new version can be found in our download area.
looking forward to your request for further information at email@example.com.
3. Webinar: Launch of Transformer 2.0 taking your apps to the future
Please join our webinar for the launch of Transformer 2.0 and learn how your organization can take all
of your Lotus Notes applications into the future. A future where your applications
can now run in the cloud, on mobile devices, integrate with social media
platforms and much more. You
will hear from Matthias Röder, Head of Consulting at GBS, what Transformer 2.0
means to the Lotus Community.
You will also learn how to:
- Rapidly modernize existing Domino applications with no data migration required,
- Extend applications to private and public clouds with no lock-in,
- Leverage existing infrastructures (hardware, middleware, directory services),
- Standardize the appearance of applications across your organization.
Transformer 2.0 accelerates the modernization and web enablement of your Lotus Notes applications.
Don't miss the presentation that will show you the easiest and best path to the future for your Domino investments.
Webinar GBS Transformer 2.0: Thursday, 30 June, 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m. (CET)
4. PAVONE: New project and activities management solutions
Several companies already successfully employ the solutions offered by PAVONE AG – the business area of the GBS enterprises for the optimization of business processes – since the core competence of the company is the seamless combination of workflow management, project management and CRM applications.
We are happy to introduce you to the functions of three solutions in the areas project and activity management, which will be available as of 30 June 2011.
PAVONE Project Management 10
- Contains various solutions for project planning, project controlling, as well as the documentation of time and expenditure and inclusive reporting.
- Integrated workflow management supports the project members in all phases and processes of the project.
- The combination of a Java implemented Gantt-diagram allows the graphic representation and modification of the project’s execution and structure in a Lotus Notes Client, as well as a web browser.
- Serves as a modelling tool for project structure plans and is an addition to documentation-oriented editing. The interface to Microsoft Project allows the structuring and management of projects planned there, using PAVONE ProjectBuilder.
- PAVONE’s ProjectBuilder is primarily used to model new projects Thus, it is equipped with an extensive library function, that allows the loading of project templates and archiving projects. Thus, project managers are provided with a company’s internal or external project templates or execution models transparently and uniformly.
PAVONE ActivityManager 10
- Offers all functions for effective activity management
- Comprehensive tasks can be subdivided into activities and distributed to the respective persons in charge. The expenditure can be calculated and the activities implemented and even archived.
Find additional information at: www.pavone.com.
5. The new PAVONE website
At the end of May, the new PAVONE website was finally launched with a fresh design and a clear structure.
New content informs customers and interested persons about the products and solutions of PAVONE AG. The website was designed with IBM Web Content Manager Version 7, which belongs to the product family of IBM’s WebSphere Portal .
Existing data was connected via Domino technology to ensure that the accounts of all customer and interested persons remained valid. In cooperation with the consulting and development departments, the marketing team in Paderborn, Germany, was able to complete an interesting project.
See for yourself at www.pavone.com.
6. GBS Fastworks Encourages Compliance Inclusion, Delegation, and Accountability
Long gone are the days when compliance managers were the keeper of the lever arch file, the people who imposed and policed, the person who sat at the table for one in the canteen. Today the compliance manager's value to any organization has been elevated. They are now often seen in the Board Room briefing C level management. They are hugely influential in the safe, profitable, efficient & compliant running of the business. For many organizations GBS Fastworks is underlining that increase in value derived from compliance management. It enables organizations to embed the three qualities of inclusion, delegation and accountability as key characteristics of their compliance culture. In this article we quickly look at Inclusion.
GBS Fastworks has enabled compliance managers to include employees, suppliers, customers and wider communities in to the evolution of the way in which an organization operates and complies within voluntary and legislative standards. The inclusion that GBS Fastworks encourages is twofold. It gives a mechanism to, receive record and implement observations for improvement from the individuals involved in day to day operation. Conversely it reaches out to the organizational community devolving consistent and current policies, procedures and processes that enable an organization to operate safely, efficiently and profitably. GBS Fastworks helps compliance managers to recognize the needs of the individual or wider groups reaching out to deliver training or resources for example as a result the reporting capabilities in GBS Fastworks.
Inclusion of the individual makes for a heightened sense of well being in an organizational community. A sense of the individual doing something worthwhile is known to make for a more effective workforce. GBS Fastworks' promotion of inclusion and recognition visibly accelerates improvement in many operational KPI's.
Finally, being browser based ensures that secure inclusion can be enabled wherever or whoever the individual may be operating. Be they an employee, customer or supplier, in the office, at home, on the move or the furthest outpost of an organization, GBS Fastworks ensures that inclusion in a key part of a compliance culture.
For more information on GBS Fastworks click here.
7. iQ.Suite Tips and Tricks for Lotus Domino: Integration of watermarks into PDF documents
In April, we launched iQ.SuiteConvert for LND 13.2, which enables the conversion of email attachments into PDF and ZIP. While it only determines a cross-platform layout for attachments, it also closes numerous security gaps.
With our new solution, it is also possible to add watermarks to your PDF files.
Learn here how to integrate text, images and geometrical shapes into a PDF file as a watermark, as well as how to insert a company logo, or visible references, such as “confidential”, “draft”, or others into a document, thus marking them as intellectual property.
8. Exchange/SMTP Corner Restarting archiving processes automatically
iQ.Suite Store by GBS is used because company or legal guidelines require the archiving of business email and business-related email must be presented centrally.
For this, connections to a database and filing system are needed. However, it is imaginable that these systems may be temporarily unavailable, due to factors such as maintenance work.
In these cases, iQ.Suite Store processes can be restarted automatically. How? Find out on the following page.
For further information on the topics of this newsletter, please contact GBS at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local sales partner.