Newsletter January 2012
- CeBIT 2012 – Transforming Lotus. Together.
- Technology supplier STEINEL employs GBS solution for process management
- Webinar Special: iQ.Suite Exchange/SMTP – GetUpToDate
- iQ.Suite Tips and Tricks for Lotus Domino: Running commands at operating system level
- Exchange/SMTP-Corner: Using hidden Active Directory objects
- The winners of our Facebook sweepstake have been selected
1. CeBIT 2012 – Transforming Lotus. Together.
From 6 to 10 March, CeBIT will once again open its gates to welcome visitors from all over the world to learn about the latest developments of the IT industry. Showcasing under the motto “Transforming Lotus. Together”, GBS will also be represented at the world’s largest IT tradeshow in Hannover. In hall 2, booth D30, close to the IBM booth, the Lotus experts of GBS are going to demonstrate their entire know-how in the modernisation of Lotus applications and infrastructures.
The focus will be particularly on GBS Transformer 2.0 and GROUP Live – two award-winning solutions that aim to comprehensively modernise application environments and increase their flexibility. GBS Transformer 2.0 mainly targets the automated conversion of existing Lotus Domino applications into web and cloud-enabled solutions. This is where GROUP Live comes into play, a dynamic cloud platform that enables the operation of these and other applications in public or private clouds. The innovative solution AppBuilder will be launched at CeBIT; it is the centerpiece of a new type of application development and will thus provide a framework for future social business strategies.
As the global leader in Lotus-based solutions and services, a large range of business applications will be the focal point of the GBS showcase. All applications share the acceleration, simplification and security of business-critical processes. Along with solutions for legally compliant email management, increased email productivity and comprehensive IBM Sametime management, you will also be able to find new additions to the GBS portfolio. Thus, topics, such as central PDF conversion and document management, analytics and dashboards, as well as efficient workflow and project management can be experienced at the GBS booth for the first time.
Visit us at CeBit 2012. Our experts will be happy to answer your questions and provide you with information about suitable strategies for the modernisation of application environments and the solution to challenges of contemporary day-to-day business.
Please contact Mr. Matthias Krieg for your free ticket or to make an appointment at CeBIT. By phone +49 721/4901-1186, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Technology supplier STEINEL employs GBS solution for process management
STEINEL develops and produces globally renowned technology at six European sites: Intelligent lighting and sensor solutions that make our lives safer and more convenient.
A solution was needed to improve throughput times and process structures, as well as to minimise susceptibility to error. The desired technology was a software-based workflow system that could be employed across the various departments and sites. STEINEL chose PAVONE Espresso Workflow, GBS’s solution by the division for improved business processes. Since then, all parties involved have been benefitting from improved control and monitoring of modification processes.
The success of the workflow system is measurable: The accuracy of modification notification processing has been improved by 80 per cent. The error rate was reduced to almost zero percent.
Click here to read more about this interesting case.
3. Webinar Special: iQ.Suite Exchange/SMTP – GetUpToDate
As mentioned, we updated technical support to a new version at the end of 2011: iQ.Suite 8.x for Microsoft Exchange/SMTP.
Discover the functions & possibilities of the recent iQ.Suite 10.x Microsoft Exchange/SMTP now.
Learn in a new Webinar by Heiko Brenn, Senior Consultant at GBS, how to:
- Use regular expressions for content analysis of your email header and message texts
- Optimise your iQ.Suite quarantine usage
- Improve virus protection for Exchange Information Store
- Use auto-positioning and improve the use of pictures in iQ.Suite trailer
Also, learn all about:
- Inline notifications for recipient messages
- The extended key import into iQ.SuiteCrypt and a preview of iQ.SuiteKeyManager
- PDF conversion and attachment compression using iQ.Suite Convert
- iQ.Suite Update –That’s how it’s done!
“iQ.Suite Exchange/SMTP - Get UpToDate“ will take place at the following times and dates:
- Friday, February 10th 10.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m.
- Friday, February 24th 10.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m.
- Monday, February 27th 4.00 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Starting now, we offer an exclusive discount promotion that will save you money: Book the iQ.Suite Update for one email server for only 980 €. Heiko Brenn, Microsoft Exchange/SMTP expert at GBS, will present and install all new functions of iQ.Suite for Microsoft Exchange/SMTP onsite. The offer does not contain an iQ.Suite Convert license. Travel costs and expenses are included.
Contact our expert today: via email at email@example.com or by phone: +49 721/ 4901-1510.
4. iQ.Suite Tips and Tricks for Lotus Domino: Running commands at operating system level
Flexibility is a main feature of the email solution iQ.Suite. So-called jobs help achieve a solution to specific tasks. Using iQ.Suite Actionjob, commands can be run at operating system level.
This can be useful if you wish or need to receive notifications in addition to those provided by iQ.Suite. Read here which options are available.
5. Exchange/SMTP-Corner: Using hidden Active Directory objects
Users and groups that have been marked as hidden using the “Active Directory Users and Computers”- snap-in, are also hidden by default in the iQ.Suite management console.
In order to be able to select these objects in the iQ.Suite management console, it is possible to add a corresponding Windows Registry Key. Find out here how to do it!
6. The winners of our Facebook sweepstake have been selected
Our second GBS Facebook competition has also been well received. Until 12-18-2011, all visitors of our GBS Facebook page could enter a drawing to win 3 Amazon Kindle eReaders.
By now, the winners have been selected from approx. 200 participants, and have been enjoying a new reading experience since Christmas:
- Kirstin Hensel from Flensburg, Germany
- Julia Boroz from Hattorf, Germany
- Detlef Oberfeld from Marl, Germany
Congratulations to the lucky winners from your GBS team!
For further information on the topics of this newsletter, please contact GBS at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local sales partner.