Running iQ.Suite Management Console from a Desktop Computer
iQ.Suite Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Exchange / SMTP
The iQ.Suite Exchange/SMTP is managed using a Microsoft Management Console. This console is initially installed with the server setup as standard. The console can then however be operated from a desktop computer.
Step by Step:
- The standard iQ.Suite setup program can also be run on a desktop computer. The iQ.Suite Management console is installed in such instances. Depending on the client operating sys-tem, it is important that the 32-bit or 64-bit setup is accessed accordingly.
- The product selected on the desktop PC is of no relevance. You can select iQ.Suite Ex-change or SMTP.
- The setup now checks whether the machine is a server. If it isn't, the following message appears.
- We acknowledge the message with "OK" and then select the features which can be installed. In this case, only "iQ.Suite Management Console" is selected.
- In the next window we define which iQ.Suite configuration is to be used. If the aim is to ma-nage the server configuration, the UNC path to the iQ.Suite configuration directory can be entered under "Specify path to configuration manually". The user must of course have the corresponding NTFS rights for the network path.
- If the configuration file cannot be found, a message to this effect is displayed.
- If the configuration file can be accessed, after installation the iQ.Suite console opens with the corresponding server configuration. The iQ.Suite can now be managed from this desk-top computer.