Protecting sensitive information such as customer data and confidential documents is a big challenge for companies. Today, in times of increasing and more sophisticated attacks on business-critical content, it is more important than ever before to have a consistent security strategy. However, securing incoming communication only with the help of virus and spam protection is not sufficient anymore and the protection of outgoing communication becomes the focus of attention.
Data loss has many faces, such as sending accidentally customer lists, unauthorized email communication between the development department and business partners or sending of confidential corporate data by terminated employees shortly before they leave.
What is needed is a solution that helps to identify sensitive information, prevent malicious data theft and unintentional data loss, and meet the GDPR requirements. iQ.Suite DLP Advanced is exactly this solution – it prevents data loss under the motto "Analyze, evaluate, block".
Top 10 Tips to Prevent Data Theft
Analyze email traffic
- Real-time analysis of outbound email communications, company-wide or for selected departments
- Detailed examination of emails before sending them
- Detection of suspicious text patterns (credit card data, customer numbers, etc.) in email texts and attachments
- Clear identification of file attachments such as Office formats thanks to the advanced fingerprint technology
- Detection of behavior anomalies in email flow. For this purpose, information such as the number and size of the emails sent during a definite time period is collected and compared to the users’ current behavior. This allows detecting a disproportionate increase in email volume or sending of large amounts of data, which could indicate the leakage of confidential data.
Evaluate and visualize
- Web-based dashboard for visualization of key figures
- Detailed insights into outbound email communications regarding email volume, number, size and category of attachments, number of recipients per email, etc.
- Easy export and use of data for reporting purposes
- Integrated rights and roles concept: Only authorized users can access information that is relevant to them.
- Configurable data deletion after a specified time period
Block suspicious emails
- Flexible rules and thresholds - defining how to handle emails containing confidential contents
- Options for actions
- Place emails in quarantine until further examination
- Additional informing of sender and third party
- Four-eyes principle review performed by a pre-determined person - final decision if the email is to be released or blocked.
- Any combination of actions is possible, in accordance with the company guidelines
Identification of sensitive information in email texts and attachments
Detection of behavior anomalies in email transmission
Blocking suspicious emails
Four-eyes principle review and release of stopped emails
Web-based dashboard for visualization of key figures
Easy export of data for reporting purposes
Compliance with current data protection guidelines
GBS is Cyber Security Leader
ISG analysts positioned our DLP Portfolio around the email management solution iQ.Suite in the leader quadrant in the ISG Provider Lens study "Cyber Security Solutions & Services". The study evaluates around 80 of the most important providers in the cyber security segment on the German market.
Do not compromise on data protection and choose the Cyber Security Leader!