In today's world, software platform providers are making significant investments to ensure their platforms support enterprise needs – iOS, Android and Windows. The introduction of quad-core chips, 4G networks, cloud computing and the adoption of HTML5 standards have resulted in even faster adoption and integration of mobility into the work environment. Most analysts and researchers predict significant growth in demand for mobile access to enterprise applications.
Recent trends and challenges:
- The rapid adoption of mobile devices in the enterprise and the advent of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policies have transformed the way users interact with their business applications
- Mobility standards have become common place for enterprise applications and IT teams are under pressure to deliver mobile access
- Morgan Stanley Market Trends state that this year, more than 50% of network devices will ship without a wired port
- Research shows that by 2015, there will be 7.4 billion 802.11n devices in the market and 1.2 billion smartphones will enter the market over the next five years, about 40 percent of all handset shipments
What are GBS mobility services?
GBS’ cutting-edge mobility services provide you with the knowledge and tools to rapidly and cost effectively mobile enable your Lotus Notes applications. Our team of mobility experts is able to analyze your application portfolio to ascertain which user groups would benefit the most from mobile enablement, determine what dependencies need to be accounted for and ensure seamless mobile access on any platform.
GBS mobility service offerings include:
- Intuitive access to any Notes application for mobile devices
- Device-independent deployment; design once, deploy everywhere capability
- Offline capability without the need for product certification
- Ease of customization through configuration
- Mobile application delivery framework for other applications to be deployed
- Ease of deployment and maintenance
- Seamless extensibility
- Leverages available Domino development skills
- Enhanced usability
- Compliance with enterprise UI standards
- Rapid ROI