Permessa IM Control
Reliability, performance and compliance for IBM Sametime
Permessa IM Control enhances the IBM Sametime enterprise IM system with business-grade performance and compliance features. Permessa IM Control makes sure that your IBM Sametime unified communications system is ready for critical meetings and real-time communications.
- Ensures business-grade IBM Sametime reliability with synthetic transactions that continually test all IM services
- Archives chats in high fidelity for compliance and legal discovery
- Enforces IM policies
- Inserts customized text in real time based on sender attributes and metadata, such as language, location and organizational unit
- Creates extensive user, activity level, productivity, topology, security and chargeback reports for IBM Sametime
- Instantly blocks messages that violate compliance and abuse policies.
- Reduces costs with a native server-side software solution without an expensive proxy appliance
Synthetic transactions continually test all IBM Sametime services, such as chat, electronic meetings, whiteboard sharing and buddy lists. Permessa IM Control logs in and simulates a user’s experience. The tests not only show that IM is working, they also measure performance to identify problems before they happen.
Compliance features can block messages, insert text and report violations in real time. Actions may be based on who participates and keyword phrases, likely pattern matches or attachment types. Highly customized disclaimers and branding may be added based on sender attributes and metadata, such as language, location, and organizational unit. Chats are archived in high fidelity with bolding, images, emoticons, file transfers and more.
Extensive user, activity level, productivity, topology, security and chargeback reports reduce IT management time and provide useful information. For example, Permessa IM Control answers critical questions, such as: Which users use IBM Sametime? Can licenses be freed up and reassigned? What is the load on the servers over time? How are meetings being used? And more.
Real-time IBM Sametime policy enforcement can block improper communications and report policy violations. Chats are archived in high fidelity with bolding, images, emoticons, file transfers and more. This is critical for understanding the context of IM communications.
Permessa IM Control does not require the purchase of expensive gateway or proxy appliances. It is a software application that integrates tightly and natively with the Sametime IM server. That means it can act closer to the sender and it does not require a redirection service. As a result, Permessa IM Control provides comprehensive coverage at a lower cost.
- Ensures the availability of all IM services; synthetic transactions test each IM service for reliability and performance, including chat, electronic meetings, whiteboard sharing and buddy lists
- Sends real-time alerts via email, IM or to HP OpenView™ when there is a significant service problem
- Enforces corporate and IM compliance polices in real time; can block communications or add text to a message based on who participates and message content
- Inserts customized disclaimers and branding based on sender attributes and metadata, such as language, location and organizational unit
- Provides extensive user activity level, productivity, topology, security and chargeback reports that reduce IT management time and enable IT to measure IM adoption and manage license deployment
- Archives Sametime chats with formatting, graphics, emoticons, attachments or explicit file transfers for full compliance and legal discovery when used with a records management system; captures the tone of each chat
- Reduces overall costs caused by wasteful user behavior, such as creating unattended scheduled meetings and leaving many idle IM windows open
- Enables IT to measure IM adoption and manage license deployment
- Native software-only solution that does not require the purchase of an expensive proxy appliance
- Supports all IM services, including chat, electronic meetings, whiteboard sharing and buddy lists
- Content blocking: can terminate a chat session in real time based on keyword phrases, likely pattern matches or attachment types for compliance and other purposes (e.g., messages may be blocked that contain social security and credit card numbers); IMs, message fragments or individual attachments can be blocked to prevent dissemination of sensitive or inappropriate content
- Custom disclaimers and branding: legal disclaimers, branding and other text can be automatically added to chats based on sender attributes and metadata
- Restricted access to external domains: limits external IM connections to only authorized users
- One-way firewalls: let key personnel, such as IT and executives, send IM to anyone, but allow only selected people to send messages to the key personnel
- Criteria-based chat archiving: chats can be archived based on sender or recipients, on the communication domain, on the longevity of the chat, as a random sampling of all chats and other criteria; criteria may be changed dynamically to help ongoing investigations
- Improved performance: meet SLAs by finding communications that slow the network during peak demand
- Ethical firewalls (“Chinese Wall”): block select employees or departments from messaging each other
Permessa IM Control Suite
Permessa IM Investigator: analyzes your Sametime use patterns and adoption rates, analyzesinfrastructure resource consumption, defines and monitors service levels, detects possible security issues and resolves problems before they affect your business.
Permessa IM Policy Enforcer: provides real-time compliance for IBM Sametime by blocking messages with offensive language or unencrypted credit card and social security numbers. It can also be used to monitor or block communications between selected individuals or groups (Chinese Wall).
Permessa IM Archiver: captures all Sametime messages, including both two-way and n-way chats, in full fidelity and messages to public IM services (Google, Yahoo!, AOL) via the Sametime Gateway. Permessa IM Archiver for IBM Sametime provides full support to attain SEC 17a-4 and NASD 3010 compliance.
Permessa IM Monitor: proactively tests all IBM Sametime services to ensure their real-time health and availability, including chat, electronic meetings, whiteboard sharing and buddy lists.